This seminar is about real breakthroughs in fractional interest valuation, as well as fundamental keys to successful multidisciplinary valuation assignments. It offers the appraisers who have a foundation in the income approach everything they need to understand, communicate and execute fractional interest valuations, gain their client’s trust and emphasize their objective judgment, thereby proving their worth against the coming threats of AI and AVMs. The keys and resources you need to accomplish this are available to you in this eye-opening 7½-hour seminar.
· Part 1 takes on the understandable threats of artificial intelligence and automated valuation models for the valuation professions. What is the one thing that sets us apart from the machines? How can we make the case for the worth of qualified appraisers? We will share views from the field…and what a machine designer has discovered.
1. Become clear about what we are facing.
2. Recognize what we do that is indispensable.
3. Find ways to promote public awareness of our worth.
· Part 2 shows you how intangible benefits create shared ownership in the first place, and how understanding those benefits will allow you to help your clients with buyouts and other market demands. It also sheds a great deal of light on analyzing fractional interest transactions, and will prepare you to deal with the current trend toward
1. Become familiar with the lifecycle of fractional interest holdings.
2. Recognize intangible benefits that have major effects on value.
3. Assist client with partner and inter-generational buyouts.
4. Recognize analytical challenges presented by fractional interest markets.
· Part 3 demonstrates PrimusPVX online software that values fractional interests. The software’s dashboard guides the user through a carefully organized checklist of all of the facts and circumstances that are likely to be important for the holder of a fractional interest in real estate. It’s algorithm completely eliminates the need to build valuation models, while providing instant results for all input changes.
The result is that the valuer is free to focus entirely on the right questions to ask in all required valuation “languages,” and apply their judgment exactly where it matters in the valuation process.
1. Learn to ask the right questions, regardless of your disciplinary expertise.
2. Incorporate the facts and circumstances of the case in your story of value.
3. Discover how you can fit the scope of your work to your client’s needs.
4. Become proficient in fractional interest valuation.
Attendees will have everything necessary to add fractional interest valuation to their real property practice, or to support their existing valuation practice with essential fact checklists and supplemental models.
Up To 15 days prior to program start date, $50.00 cancellation fee.
2 – 14 days prior to program start date, $100.00 cancellation fee.
Less than 2 days prior to program start date, forfeit of payment.
CHECK IN AT 7:30 AM
CLASS STARTS AT 8:00 AM
NO BREAKFAST OR REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED.
LUNCH IS INCLUDED
TEMPERATURES IN CLASS ROOMS VARY. PLEASE DRESS ACCORDINGLY.
Enrollment is on a first-come, first served basis. If the event is filled, a waiting list will be retained. The Southern California Chapter reserves the rights to cancel, limit, or reschedule this event if the minimum enrollment level is not reached, and to change faculty assignments and facility locations at any time. Prospective students should confirm their registration before making any non-refundable airline reservations. There are NO transfers; you must cancel out of the offering.
The Appraisal Institute enforces attendance requirements mandated by state licensing and certification regulatory agencies. The Appraisal Institute issues certificates for state certification/licensing or state continuing education credit that verify successful completion and attendance of 100%, with your grade notification letter for courses, or at the conclusion of seminars. One hundred percent (100%) attendance is required for all Appraisal Institute education programs. This follows Appraiser Qualification Board minimum criteria requirements.
Some classes have prerequisites. Be sure to read the course description to find out if there are any prerequisites for this course.
Some classes have required textbooks. Be sure to read the class description to find out if there are any required textbooks for this course. There will not be any textbooks for purchase at the class. You must buy them ahead of time. If you arrive for a class without the required textbook credit for the class cannot be given and there will be no refund.
Some classes require you bring a laptop and or other equipment. Be sure to read the class description to determine if any equipment is required. You are responsible for bringing your own extension cord(s). None will be provided. Please safeguard your equipment and personal belongings at all times. The Appraisal Institute, the Southern California Chapter, the Instructor or the facility will not be responsible for any loss of your personal belongings.
CLASS MATERIALS TO DOWNLOAD
Some classes are now available with downloadable materials. If you opted to download class materials instead of having them shipped to you, you will be required to bring the materials with you on a laptop or as a hard copy. If you do not have the materials with you credit for the class cannot be given and there will be no refund. Copies will not be available to you in the class. You are responsible for bringing your own extension cord(s). None will be provided.
It is the policy of the Appraisal Institute to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are participating in Appraisal Institute educational programs. If you need accommodations to participate because of a disability, please notify us in writing at least two weeks in advance of the program and we will arrange for reasonable accommodation. Without two weeks’ notice, accommodation may not be available.
With the recent transition to the Appraisal Institute’s NetForum registration system, attendance certificates will be available for download directly through the AI’s national website. The procedure to obtain your certificate is:
Go to www.appraisalinstitute.org
Log into Your AI Account
Select Education/Events on the right sidebar
See List of All Offerings
Scroll to the specific offering which shows Registered and click
At the very bottom of the screen, click Retrieve Certificate
NOTE: Allow a minimum of ten business days for certificates to be available. The Chapter office cannot view, nor can we retrieve copies of your attendance certificate. Anyone having difficulty accessing their certificate should contact the Education Delivery Services Dept. directly at [email protected].
Program materials can be downloaded by the student.
This Educational Program was developed and organized by the Appraisal Institute Chapter offering the Program with the intent of addressing topic(s) of current local interest solely for educational and informational purposes. The Appraisal Institute national organization was not involved in developing or organizing the Program.
The content of this Program, including but not limited to any written materials and presenter comments, does not represent the viewpoint of the Appraisal Institute (defined as including but not limited to, the national organization, its Regions, Chapters, members, candidates, affiliates and staff) unless formally adopted by the national Board of Directors. Further, the Appraisal Institute has not peer-reviewed or approved the content of the Program and does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the content of the Program. The content of the Program is subject to court decisions and local, state and federal laws and regulations and any such revisions of such laws and regulations.
This Program is presented with the understanding that the Appraisal Institute is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice or services. Nothing in the Program is to be construed as the offering of such advice or services. If expert advice or services are required, attendees and readers are responsible for obtaining such advice or services from appropriate professionals.
Please note that 100% attendance is required in order to receive any approved state credit or to be awarded AI CE points. It is imperative that you check with your state board for state approval information before completing registration.
If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify the sponsor at least two weeks in advance for reasonable accommodations to be arranged.
The Appraisal Institute reserves the rights to cancel, limit, or reschedule the program and to change instructor assignments and facility locations at any time.